After completion of the course you should be able to:
- Give a good answer to the question "What is general relativity?"
- Calculate basic differentialgeometrical quantitees.
- Be able to use Einstein's field equations.
- Know about and use some important solutions to these (Schwarzschild).
- Been able to calculate geodesics on some curved space-times.
- Tell about some experimental tests of GR.
- Have knowledge about cosmolgical models.
The course consists of 7 lectures of 2 hours each. There will also be
problem sessions of 2 hours each. The course will be given in English.
Course literature and other recommended literature:
See the page Course
See the page Teachers.
See the page .
The homepage will be updated throughout the course.
One written exam (TEN1; 3hp credits).
The only allowed aid for the
examination is a collection of formulas available here: Soon.
copies of this will be available at the exam - you are not allowed to
bring your own copy. The exam is graded with A, B, C, D, E, F, Fx.
The exam consist of five questions which can give six points each.
One can maximum have four bonus points on the exam.
A "Fx", "E", "D", "C", "B" and "A" are guaranteed for 14, 15, 18,
21, 24 and 27 points,
respectively (we might adjust this to lower point limits, depending on
the difficulty of the exam)
See the page Schedule.