Before every class you should have read the pages which are
given in paranthese. J stands for Jouko's book and C for Carroll's lecture
- Lecture 1 (21/11): Introduction to GR.
- Lecture 2 (25/11): Geometric approach to tensor calculus. Metrics. Covariant derivatives (J:37-43 and C:30-47,56-59 (most important 38-47, 56-59) ).
- Lecture 3 (28/11): Parallell transport. Geodesics (J:43-45+48-50 and
C: 60-66, 68-73).
- Lecture 4 (2/12): Curvature (J:45-47 and C:74-86).
- Lecture 5 (9/12): Einstein field equations (J: 57-63 and C:97-113,164-170 ).
- Lecture 6 (16/12): Black holes (J:67 and C:171-207 ).
- Lecture 7 (10/11): Cosmology
Before every exercise class you should prepered to outline the solution
on the black board for at least two problems if you want one bonus boint
or four problems for two bonus point at each exercise class! Maximum you
can get four bonus points.