Quantum Field Theory
Course code: SI2410
- The course homepage has moved to KTH social. Click here if you are not automatically redirected.
After completion of the course you should be able to:
- use functional integrals and perturbation theory in quantum field theory,
- apply renormalization and regularization with quantum field theory,
- have knowledge about gauge theories as well as quantum electrodynamics and quantum chromodynamics,
- know spontaneously broken gauge theories as BCS theory and the Higgs model.
The course is examined through hand in assignments (INL1, 4.5 credits) and oral presentation during the seminars (TEN1, 3 credits).
- An Introduction To Quantum Field Theory, M.E. Peskin and D.V. Schröder.
Coordinator and examiner: Mattias Blennow
- Quantum Field Theory, L.S. Brown.
- Quantum Field Theory, F. Mandl and G. Shaw.